About the Club

The Club was first established in 1904 when the founder members created a nine hole course on land belonging to the local park. In the  early 1920’s a completely new course was laid out on adjourning land, leased from the Duchy of Lancaster. A decade later, the course was extended from 9 to 18 holes based on a layout drawn by Dr Alastair McKenzie, the famous designer of Augusta, who was born locally.

As you would expect, our shop is well stocked. Ian Marshall our Professional, is able to supply excellent quality products at an attractive price.

In addition, golf lessons are available and are structured to individual requirements. Beginners are welcome as are juniors (there is a group session for juniors every Saturday during the season), ladies and gentlemen. Contact Jeff our teaching professional on 07595 741514 or email [email protected] for further information.

Secretary (Malcolm Huddlestone)
01977 792241

Catering (Ron and Jackie Paul)
01977 792241

Professional (Ian Marshall)
01977 706806

The Place to Play Golf

VAT Number - 181704959

Company Number - 10409124